Brussels, Belgium – July 22, 2021 – KevlinX are proud to announce its participation in the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact (CNDCP). The aim of the pact is a commitment to make data centres climate neutral by 2030. This self-regulatory initiative includes an ambitious set of goals,
which require its members/signatories to agree to take specific actions with measurable targets. This historic and unprecedented commitment by the data centre industry will proactively lead the transition to a climate neutral economy by:
- Energy Efficiency: data centres shall achieve a PUE of 1.3 for cool climates or 1.4 for warm climates.
- Clean Energy: data centres shall match their electricity supply through the purchase of clean/renewable energy at 75% by 2025 and 100% by 2030.
- Water Conservation: the Pact will define a new metric for Water Usage Effectiveness (WUE) by 2022. Data centres shall conserve water and meet specific target points by 2025 and 2030.
- Circular Economy: data centres will assess for reuse, repair or recycling 100% of their used server equipment.
- Circular Energy System: data centres shall explore practical, environmentally sound and cost effective opportunities to reuse generated heat as a way of energy conservation.
KevlinX believe that our data centre offerings will play a central role in decoupling economic development from emissions growth and that this will support other industries to meet their own climate neutrality goals. KevlinX are committed to building clean, green, energy efficient and sustainable data centres and being a signatory to the CNDCP emphasises this commitment.
About the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact
The Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact is a self-regulatory initiative of European data centre operators and trade associations committed to the European Green Deal, achieving the ambitious greenhouse gas reductions of the
climate law, and leveraging technology and digitalization to achieve the goal of making Europe climate neutral by 2050. To ensure data centres are an integral part of the sustainable future of Europe, data centre operators and trade associations agree to make data centres climate neutral by 2030.
For more information about the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact, please visit www.climateneutraldatacentre.net.
KevlinX builds and operates a pan-European platform of high performance, data centre campuses across selected major growth markets in Europe. These facilities are specifically designed and built for large scale enterprise, government and cloud companies requiring flexible colocation or dedicated wholesale space with the highest standards in redundancy, security and energy efficiency.
See what we have to offer at www.kevlinx.com
Media Contact: Roy Maxwell at email@example.com